We are excited that you will be joining our department as a new UIC graduate student, and we look forward to meeting you at the MSCS Fall 2019 Orientation!
Orientation is an important step in becoming acclimated to our city, the University, and the Department. It is a chance to address your specific needs as a new graduate student and to provide you with the support and resources to ease your transition into our graduate community.
During orientation you will have a session with faculty mentors where you will receive course advising, review the degree requirements and program policies and discuss any questions you may have.
The MSCS Graduate Student Orientation will begin on Friday, August 16, 2019.
International Students: Next Steps
For travel and planning purposes, please note that while the MSCS Department Orientation activities begin at 9:00 AM on Friday, August 16, 2019, the UIC New International Student Orientation activities begin on Friday, August 9, 2019.
- Visit the Office of International Services Orientation website for further details: OIS website.
- The Mandatory New International Student Orientation Session will be held on Thursday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..
- Within your first few days of arrival to the US, you should complete your Check-In at the at the Office of International Services: OIS International Requirements
- Schedule your English Proficiency Testing at the International Teaching Assistant Program Office as soon as possible, upon your arrival in Chicago: English Oral Proficiency Testing
- For information related to visa processing and official/final credentials, visit: OIS International Requirements
- Information on the status of your visa can be found here: OIS International Requirements