MS Thesis Checklist Heading link
Steps to completion of the MS thesis are outlined below and complete information on the Graduate College MS Thesis submission process should also be reviewed.
- Petition to Graduate by the end of Week 3 of the graduating term (week 2 in the summer term).
- Form your committee with your advisor. This committee consists of at least three persons, one of whom must be a tenured full member of the UIC graduate faculty.
- Complete the Committee Recommendation form 30 days in advance and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Committee Chair (thesis advisor) signature. This will then get sent to the Graduate College and an Examination Report will be sent to the Committee Chair.
- Once your Committee Recommendation form is received by the Graduate College, you will receive notification of access to UIC iThenticate. Students are required to review their thesis/dissertation and make appropriate adjustments, and submit the appropriate information as described.
- Schedule the meeting with your committee, and reserve a room with Eloy Reyes (email@example.com).
- Submit your thesis to your committee 2-3 weeks before the defense.
- After the MS thesis defense the Chair will collect signatures from the other committee members and Email to the Graduate College (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc’ email@example.com. Note: If signatures are collected on paper, the Committee Chair should send a scan of the signed form to the above addresses.
- Submit your approved thesis to the Graduate College by 3 November 2023. All theses and dissertations must be submitted electronically as a PDF using the UIC Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Submission System.