How to Apply
New UIC Applicants Heading link
Applicants should review the prerequisites for the program of interest to make sure the minimum qualifications have been met. Only applicants who submit a complete application packet will be considered.
Transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Tests: The GRE General Exam is required, and the GRE Subject Test (in Mathematics or Computer Science) is recommended.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score for International Applicants:
- TOEFL 600 (paper-based); 100, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based TOEFL), OR,
- IELTS 0, with subscores of 7.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
- Personal Statement
- UIC Application for Graduate Appointment
Apply Now : MS & PhD
Internal Transfer Applicants (Concurrent Students) Heading link
Students enrolled in a doctoral program in a UIC department other than MSCS can apply for concurrent admission to the Masters in Mathematics or the Masters in Statistics. Such admission is at the discretion of the Director of Graduate Studies, however the following conditions should normally be met (i) the applicant is in good standing in their department, and is making good progress to their current degree (ii) the applicant has taken at least 4 courses required for the program to which they are applying, with a grade of at least a B in each. Note that concurrent students normally are only eligible for funding from their major department.
To receive full consideration, applicants must submit all materials by the deadline:
June 1st for Fall semester admission
November 1st for Spring semester admission
April 1st for Summer semester admission
Required Application Materials for Internal Transfer Applicants
To apply the following should be submitted to the graduate office: (i) The UIC Graduate College Application for Graduate Appointment Form, including the personal statement. This serves as the application for admission. Include your University Identification Number (UIN) and your email address with your documentation (ii) A listing of courses you have taken toward the degree, with terms of enrollment and grades (iii) 2 letters of recommendation from MSCS faculty and 1 from their major department to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.