This is a special sequence of five mathematics courses designed for education students to complete College of Education requirements for the mathematics "Study in one Discipline."
Math Concentration Heading link
To become a math concentrator you must:
- Obtain B or better in both Math140 and Math141
- Your Math140 and Math141 instructors must submit a recommendation to the Director of the Office of Mathematics Education
If a students meet all requirements, the Director of the Office of Mathematics Education will send an invitation to become a concentrator.
The five courses in the sequence are:
- MTHT 450 Concepts and Methods in Elementary and Middle School Mathematics I
- MTHT 465 Teaching Algebra For Understanding
- MTHT 466 Introduction to Calculus and the Graphing Calculator
- MTHT 467 Introduction to Number Theory with Applications
- MTHT 468 Geometry with Applications for Middle Grade Teachers