Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM), UIC Student Chapter
About the AWM Chapter
The AWM Student Chapter also maintains a (currently non-public) website of it’s own.
Spring 2019 – Fall 2019 Executive Officers
- Stephanie Reyes, President
- Dani Tucker, Vice President
- Mengxue Yang, Secretary
- Veronica Kalicki, Treasurer
Unless otherwise noted, events will take place from 3:00 to 5:00pm in SEO 636.
There are currently no scheduled upcoming events.
Support and Encouragement
- Aida Alibek, Graduate Mentor
- Karine Chubarian, Graduate Mentor
- Christopher Perez, Graduate Mentor
- Maureen Madden, DGS Office Support
- Jānis Lazovskis, Media Support
The mission of the UIC Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) is to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for women and gender minorities in the mathematical sciences.
We have set up a survey for you to give feedback.
This list includes both student-organized events and other AWM events hosted at UIC.
- Thursday May 2, 2019: AWM Speaker Series with Amie Wilkinson (UChicago)
- Thursday April 4, 2019: AWM Speaker Series with Mimi Dai (UIC)
- Thursday March 21, 2019: AWM Speaker Series with Kasia Jankiewicz (UChicago)
- (Thursday February 19, 2019: AWM Opening Mixer
- Saturday May 4, 2019: 5th Sonia Kovalevsky Day
- Saturday May 12, 2018: AWM’s 4th Sonia Kovalevsky Day Math Day
- Thursday March 15, 2018: AWM Lunch meeting with Prof.Victoria Hoskins (FU Berlin)
- Saturday November 4, 2017: AWM’s 3rd Sonia Kovalevsky Day Math Day
- Saturday November 5, 2016: AWM’s 2nd Sonia Kovalevsky Day Math Day
- Monday April 18, 2016: AWM Lunch meeting with Prof. Lara Anderson (Virginia Tech)
- Saturday November 14, 2015: AWM’s 1st Sonia Kovalevsky Day Math Day
- Additional resources
- AWM – website of the Association for Women in Mathematics
- GoGrad.com – a guide dedicated to helping women interested in graduate degrees in the STEM deciplines: STEM scholarships for grad school, tips on how to obtain these scholarships and the most influential organization involved in STEM for women.