MS Degree Checklist
MS Enroute to the PhD or PhD Students Graduating with the MS Degree Heading link
Students enrolled in the PhD program can obtain an MS degree obtaining DGS approval on the following two forms and and filing the Intent to Graduate.
- Select concurrent enrollment in Section I.
- The Current Program Code is 20FS 0439 and degree sought is PhD.
- In section II. note the Program Code 2oFS 0439 MS.
- International Students will also need approval from OIS.
- Refer to the MS Degree Program Requirements to complete this form. Please consult with the DGS for any course substitutions.
3. Apply for graduation by completing the Intent to Graduate. in your MyUIC website. Click on the “Student” tab then the “Declare Your Intent to Graduate” portlet.
The Intent to Graduate must be submitted for the term you intend to graduate. The online form is available from the time when registration for that term begins through the Friday of the third week of fall and spring semesters, or through the second week of the summer (eight-week) session. If you complete an Intent to Graduate for one term and do not graduate that term, you must complete another Intent to Graduate for the new term in which you are attempting to graduate.